Well, its been a while when I last wrote about my Mac adventure. This is the third part and the fourth post on this topic. (To find them all, just click the “apple project” category.)
Meanwhile I bought the same Mac I’ve been testing. So no doubt, I liked it, (for the price I get it.)
To be honest, small things does count (double):
- size – it fits my photo bag
- weight – not too heavy, I still can carry my bag if I do not pack it up with too many lenses
My adventure in the world of Apples goes on. As I mostly liked the iron of the MacBook, now it is time to go on and see if I can do usual task as simple as in Ubuntu.
So I gathered things I do mostly:
- Photo processing
- Java development
- Listen to music – I’ll need a good media player, an alternative to Amarok
- Browse the net – Firefox or better
- Chat through GTalk and Skype
- Copy files from/to FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, SMB – a twin panel, alternative to Krusader
- Simple text editing – jEdit should work
- Formated text, spreadsheet and presentation – OpenOffice.org or alternative
- Video playing – mplayer with front-end or alternative.